Premium Seas - Innovate today for a sustainable tomorrow
Making a sustainable impact is central to all we do at Premium Seas. We are grateful for the opportunity to have a positive social, economic, cultural and environmental impact in our pursuit to establish a thriving seaweed sector within New Zealand.
We are not just committed to a sustainable future for our business but also for our stakeholders, our people, suppliers, customers and communities. Premium Seas are dedicated to making a positive impact on the world and we align our business with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our key contributions include:
- Food Security and Human Health Contribution – SDG 2 & 3 – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture/ Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. We do this by producing healthy and nutritious seaweed-based products including Wakame and fucoidan, which are beneficial for human health.
- Social Impact – SG 8 – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. We do this by creating sustainable work within our community which contribute to the establishing of a thriving seaweed sector within New Zealand.
- Consumption and production – SG 12 – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patters. We do this by adopting sustainable production processes which reduce consumption and minimises waste. We utilise our waste streams to create products which have a positive impact.
- Climate Action – SDG 13 – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts. We do this by farming seaweeds which improves the ocean by absorbing carbon and Nitrogen, while de-acidifying the sea water.
- Environmental enhancement – SDG 14 – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development. We do this by through the establishment of restorative ocean farming within New Zealand.